Pumpkin French Toast has become a fall tradition since last year. There’s no denying we all crave pumpkin-something as the crisp fall air begins to set in and this breakfast will be sure to satisfy your craving. On weekends, I tend to invest more effort into the first meal of the day. It’s exciting to wake up on a Saturday or Sunday and know that we don’t have to rush breakfast. Considering our love for elaborate breakfasts on weekends, it only made sense to incorporate pumpkin into this meal. Even though I love my pumpkin-flavoured-anything in fall, my husband isn’t a huge fan of the flavour. Surprisingly though, he really enjoys Pumpkin French Toast! This time we also had a friend over, so cooking was all the more fun.
Pumpkin French Toast (adapted from Averie Cooks)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk by Silk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons packed brown baking sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- butter for pan and for serving
- 9 slices thick white bread (Texas style)
- maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and whisk completely.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter to it.
- Dip one slice of bread into the mixture for 5-10 seconds and flip it over so both sides are coated well.
- Carefully pick it up and place it on the skillet. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or as desired.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other slices. Add butter to the skillet as you need. Use paper towel to remove any burnt remains from the skillet.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.